搜索

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Ninety-Nine Bottles of Beer on the Wedding Wall

While I write this, we are at 99 day until our wedding! Um, folks, did you hear me right?
Only 99 more days with my current last name, 99 more days of legally being single, and 99 more days of being Mr. High Wire’s fiancée.
But since the post title is alcohol related, I thought we’d dive into the good ole imbibing section of the High Wire wedding.
Our lovely venue allows you to supply your own alcohol. I consider this a really good thing, because we can really tailor our alcohol purchase to what we and our guests enjoy and don’t have to worry about altering any drink packages or struggling to meet any consuming minimums.
I do want to put this out there: I’m not a big drinker. Like, at all. Not even when I was in college. I’ll have a glass of wine now and again or a mimosa at a rare brunch outing, but that is about the extent of my intake.

It isn’t that I have any moral stance against it or wasn’t exposed to any drinking—quite the opposite, actually. I just can’t get over the taste, you guys. Booze tastes yucky to me!
Silly side story: I once waited in the pouring rain (with no umbrella) for TWO HOURS to meet Bethenny Frankel and get her to sign a bottle of her Skinnygirl Margarita…and I didn’t even like the taste.
But, I do know that our friends and family like to celebrate with a good adult beverage now and again, and I am 100% happy to provide it to them on our wedding day. And I also plan to partake in a glass of wine or two on the wedding day since I’ll probably be feeling rather celebratory!
Beer is the drink of choice for most of the people in our lives. And I definitely wouldn’t label any of them beer snobs either, especially not Mr. High Wire. (Bud Light is what he drinks when he’s feeling “fancy,” OK?) So, in order to appeal to the masses we’re going to go the easy route and order a few kegs. My only request was that they be hidden behind a cloth-draped table and served by a bartender (i.e., no keg stands—keeping it classy here, people!). Luckily, that was a requirement from our venue, so it worked out perfectly.
Additionally, our caterer is providing a margarita machine to go alongside our tasty dinner menu, and two bartenders to serve drinks throughout the night.
So, here’s where you guys come in, if you’d be so kind as to help me out. We’ve got a few kegs, a margarita machine, and some white wine on the menu (for my low-tolerance-level drinking if I’m feeling excited). Some people will want some mixed drinks, and most likely toward the beginning of the night before they switch to beer. (Liquor before beer, you’re in the clear; beer before liquor, never sicker.)
Google has provided me very little in the alcohol-shopping-list department, and I have no idea how much of everything we need (red and white wine, assorted liquor, mixers, etc.). I also still have pretty much no idea how many guests are actually going to be in attendance, but let’s just say 150 and hope for the best.
How did you decide how much of each type of alcohol to provide at your wedding? Clearly I need a lot of help here.

read more:

Beach Wedding Invitation

Choosing Wedding Invitations,how?!

No comments:

Post a Comment